About Me

My photo
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 16 June 2013

Top 10 Dorothy Perkins Products This Summer

This blog post is a fun way to show you my favourite products from Dorothy Perkins right now. I chose Dorothy Perkins as my first 'Top 10 Products' because not only is their own brand sensational, they also sell the Kardashian Kollection which as I'm sure you're all aware is my favourite collection of clothes, I'm obsessed! So let's get to it!

10. Black/purple crop top £6




















This top is both edgy and fierce which are fabulous attributes to any wardrobe! I love the unique silhouette of this piece with the cropped length, long sleeves and cut out it's so funky and fun. There are many ways you could wear this piece. For me it has to be with a high waisted skater skirt, chunky heels and a huge statement necklace. 

9. Coral Striped Jaquard Dress £22





















How adorable is this little shift dress? I'm in love with this cute summer dress for many reasons. The first is the cut of the dress, personally it suits my body shape and I feel like it will fit almost any body shape, the cinched it waist both accentuates existing curves and adds curves to any body shape! Another reason I love this dress is the colour scheme, The cream and coral stripes just scream summer and would look gorgeous paired with gold jewelry.

8. Tan Wedge Heel Espadrille £65





















These shoes are simply fabulous. I'm a huge fan of leopard print (Thanks to a few of my inspirations Kim Kardashian and Snooki) and that's probably one of the main features that pulled me towards these shoes. I saw them on the website and was stunned! They're a perfect mixture of flirty and fun and sophistication and style! I can imagine strolling along the docks on a warm sunny day in these wedges feeling top of the world! Whatever the season I turn towards heels rather than flats due to my height and I feel a lot more confident when in a pair of heels, wedges are an easier option and that's why I adore these shoes. 

7. Light Wash Denim Skater Skirt £25




















My first thought of a denim skirt is not a pleasant one. I imagine those awful, long, shapeless dark denim skirts that people seemed to live in a few years ago. However my opinion completely changed when I saw this beauty. The colour is just right for the summer it's so light and fun! I love that it has shape to it as when I buy a skirt I take into account how it will look on and it's important for me to cinch in at the waist and flow out accentuating my waist. I think this would be adorable teamed with pastels for a youthful, innocent vibe. 


6. Kardashian Kollection Ombre Mini Dress £45





















This dress is a perfect example of girly meets edgy. The pastel pink colour is very girly and it's such a cute colour for the bright summer season. Then to make it modern and edgy it includes a twist in the form of ombre! I adore the ombre trend, as it is both creative and chic. Also the shape of the dress is gorgeous and again can suit many, many people. 


5. Black High Waisted Bikini Pant & Black Ruched Bikini Bandeau £10 & £14





















A bikini during the summer season is practically law and I think this bikini is perfect! This season I intended to base my style on a mixture of vintage (think Lana Del Rey) and modern chic. This bikini is a great example of this. The cut of the bikini exudes vintage - the high waist of the bikini bottoms and the shape of the bikini top. Then the colouring and ruching is more modern and chic, therefore it's a wonderful blend of the two trends. 



4. Stone Arabesque Tote £38



















My favourite accessory has got to be a statement handbag. No matter what you're wearing you can always improve it with a statement bag. My ideal bag for the summer is something big in order to carry your essentials, something light as it suits the season, something versatile in order to wear with many outfits and something stylish. I feel like this bag fits all of these requirements and it would make a wonderful addition to any fashionista's wardrobe this (or any) season!


3. Tort Bluebell Sunglasses £6













No summer wardrobe is complete without a wonderful pair of shades and I think these are a pretty good contender. I love these for many reasons, the first because they're leopard print - obviously! The second is because of the shape; larger frames are more mysterious, more intriguing and more playful. I love these sunglasses and for £6 you can't really go wrong.  


2. Ivory Curve Hem Shift Tunic £42





















This dress has so much potential for this season. Firstly white is a perfect colour for the summer, it's light, airy and pretty. The cut of this dress is simple, sleek and very, very chic. The thing I adore the most about this dress is its simplicity as this ensures versatility. As this dress had no defining features or extra colours it makes it the perfect dress to wear in a million ways. It's one of those dresses that you could wear for a week and look completely different everyday! £42 pounds over a week is £6 a day. That's a £6 dress everyday in seven different styles - definitely worth the money if you ask me. 

1. Kardashian Kollection Stud Clutch (coral)













My number one product this season is this statement clutch. It's very on trend and very chic. I adore the colour of the clutch bag as it's so bright and fun. You could pair this with a monochrome outfit for a dramatic colour pop or mix it in with other bright colours for a colour blocking vibe. The studs add a more edgy feel to the clutch and modernizes it. Finally it's a Kardashian clutch, I mean who could resist?  

No comments: