About Me

My photo
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Monday 12 March 2012

Beauty haul 10/03/2012

On Saturday 10th March, I decided to pick up a few essential repurchases and a few little treats :) Check out what they were...

First (and my favourite) Store - Superdrug
Superdrug is my favourite because it stocks some of my absolute favourite brands and the prices are affordable, anyway, let the haul commence :)

First product - MUA Matt-finish eyeshadow Shade 20 £1
 
  This is an absolutely gorgeous colour, I was looking for a matte black shade to use on my upper lash line to define my eyes and I was using shade 4 from the immaculate collection palette by MUA, however I found that although the shade was perfect it was not very portable as it is part of a palette so I decided to purchase a single eyeshadow and shade 20 was exactly what i was looking for. It is highly pigmented and blends so easily, for only £1 you can't go wrong!




Second product - MUA Mosaic Bronzer  Shade 1 - Natural Glow £2.50
 This is a repurchase as my other bronzer was nearly finished and it shattered because I dropped it :( However, this is an absolutely wonderful bronzer, it looks more browny/orangey toned in real-life and applies so easily. You can build the colour up for a dramatic look or apply one sweep for a 'natural glow.' Also due to the mosaic effect you can also use a single 'tile' as neutral eyeshadow, two products in one! For £2.50 I think this a brilliant bronzer and will leave you looking sun-kissed, I definitely recommend this product.




Third product - MUA Love hearts nail varnish 'I WANT U' £2
This is my second love heart nail polish - my first was 'U R FAB, a light claret tone - After using my first one, I had to buy some more, the colour is bright and eye catching. Although two coats is necessary for a full colour effect, it was still an amazing purchase. Whilst writing this post I'm wearing this shade on most of my nails and shade ' U & I' on both of ring fingers, looking at the bright colours remind me that summer is coming and makes me happy :) The Nail polish applies easily and dries quickly, definitely a great purchase.




Fourth product - MUA Love hearts nail varnish 'U & I' £2 
This is my third nail varnish from the love hearts collection and I love it, the colour is a bit brighter than it looks after layering it twice. A very sunny colour that looks gorgeous next to the orange shade ' I WANT U' Not only do I love the actual product but the packaging is adorable, with cute loveheart sweet-style messages on the top of the bottle and the love hearts logo printed on the bottle these make a cute addition to any nail varnish collection or an adorable gift for a friend. 






The next store I went to was Boots (by this time I had spent all of my money so I am now borrowing money from my best friend). My best friend and I discovered an amazing deal, all 'Frontcover' products had 75% off, We had a quick browse through the small stand and I decided on these gorgeous products...

First product - Front cover to go 'Powder Puff' powder eyeshadow £4 reduced to £1
First of all I would like to apologise for the poor quality of the picture, my Camera is broken so I am using my horrendously rubbish web cam :s Anyway on to the product, at a price of £4 I wouldn't of picked this up normally as MUA probably stock a much similar shade, however at its discounted price of £1 I thought this was very good quality. Before purchasing I tested the shade on my hand and it was gorgeous, it leaves a little colour and a little shimmer, I thought this shade would be perfect for highlighting the brow bone. 




Second product - Front cover to go 'Frosted Almond' powder eyeshadow £4 reduced to £1 
This shade looks slightly more gold in real life, and a bit more shimmery. After testing this shade and 'Powder Puff' together I saw how well they went together and decided to buy this one too, the two shades together create a natural eye look, but also give a hint of shimmer. I would use this colour all over the lid. These eye shadows are still in their packaging (as I am filming a haul later), to add these colours to a front cover palette, you open it up to get the small black square and pop that into a hole in the palette, you can fit four shades in a palette. 



Third product - Front cover to go ' Baked Bronze' powder eyeshadow £4 reduced to £1
 Originally, I wasn't going to purchase this shade as I wanted a darker tone, I found a gorgeous shade named 'Burnt Toast' in the tester section but they had sold out, so I went for this shade instead, the actual colour is a bit lighter in person, but is still gorgeous. Much like the other shades it is relatively shimmery. I would use this tone to line my upper lash line, whilst using shades 'Powder Puff' and 'Frosted Almond' also, this would give a perfect natural yet shimmery look, this could be worn everyday as a casual look. 




I also went to Savers to pick up a couple of essentials

First product - 'MUST' (savers own brand) Slant tweezers £1
Again, I apologise for the bad quality, but you get the idea, simple black, slanted tweezers. I find slanted tweezers much more easier to use. 


Second product - 3 In 1 Self Tan Applicator Mitt £1
 The mitt is double sided, the side visible is a white sponge-like material, the opposite side is a khaki coloured velvet like material, inside the mitt, a pair of black latex gloves are stored.The mitt supposedly can be used to exfoliate, apply tan and buff skin, however I will just be using it too apply the tan. I have never used one of these before and I decided on this one because it only £1, I will trial it and possibly review it 







This concludes my Beauty haul on 10/03/2012, Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, leave feedback 
Love Dixie 
:) xoxo

No comments: