About Me

My photo
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Thursday 8 March 2012

Ricky & Nicki for MAC Viva Glam



I am extremely excited to try out these two new products! Nicki Minaj (Worldwide female rapper & Singer) and Ricky Martin (Famous Latin singer) have teamed up with MAC cosmetics to produce a 'scene-stealing' pink lipstick and a lip conditioner. 


Nicki Minaj stated: ' When I was chosen by MAC cosmetics to be the next viva glam spokesperson, I wanted to hug everyone that worked at MAC for giving me this opportunity, I've always wanted to be a viva glam girl' 


She then went on to say 'what’s important about viva glam to me is that every cent goes to the MAC AIDS fund, which helps men, women and children all around the world. It’s bringing awareness to my culture, that’s why I am really really excited about this campaign.' 


When asked about the inspiration for the product she stated 'I remember seeing a lipstick on someone like a pink lipstick, I looked and I was like what is that? You know because before I was wearing like lipgloss, or nude colours, and I just wanted to start like popping it more, and I started wearing that lipstick and I just fell in love’


Ricky's views towards working with Nicki were 'working with Nicki is amazing, she’s young, she has the energy, she’s so sexy' 


Nicki returned the compliment with 'He’s a dream, like, he’s so humble, so genuine, so sweet, he just brought a peaceful vibe and a calmness to the set that everybody gravitated towards' 


After an amazing enegry-filled shoot the final picture for the campaign was chosen: 

And a close up for each product is shown here:

Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick £13.50

Ricky's Lip Conditioner £11.00

I will definitely be purchasing Nicki's lipstick, I'm so excited, I will also post a review once I have trialled it for a few weeks 

Love Dixie 
:) xoxo

No comments: