About Me

My photo
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Sunday 1 April 2012

My March Beauty wishlist 2012

This is a new idea I have had, every month I will post a current Fashion and then a separate Beauty wishlist. It will consist of 10 new products, accessories or garments that I would love to own, they will consist of designer and high street things (Fashion wishlist) or Drugstore or high end products (Beauty wishlist), enjoy :)

Number one - MUA BB cream £4
 
I have already written a blog post about this new product, So I will sum it up in a few sentences. The BB cream is supposedly a foundation, concealer and primer all in one, it comes in three shades light, medium and dark. Two shades can be blended together to create a tone perfect for you. I can't wait to try this because BB creams are currently filling up the shelves, and the MUA BB cream is a cheap way to join in with this trend.

Number two - Rimmel Wake me up foundation £6












I saw this foundation advertised and thought it looked pretty good, I got some testers in a few magazines and I loved the way it felt on my skin, almost as though I'm not wearing any foundation, however sadly the testers were not my shade :( So I will hopefully pop into the nearest Superdrug or Boots during the half term and find the perfect shade for me. The foundation includes SPF 15 which is good for protecting your skin against the sun on a daily basis, also it contains illuminating radiant pearls to enhance a natural glow.


Number three - Nicki and Ricky for viva glam MAC £13.50

Again, I have already made a post about this product but it absolutely has to be in my wishlist because it is almost perfect. It is created by MAC, one of my favourite make up brands worldwide, it is a viva glam products therefore the profits go to a charity which provides help and research for those suffering from AIDS, It is Nicki Minaj and I love all things Nicki Minaj, and Finally The colour is amazing, a bright pink that will look gorgeous with smokey eyes or a natural look. I cannot give this product enough praise!


Number four - Rimmel waterproof gel liner £5-£7

This Gel liner is definitely something I want to try out, I have never used a gel liner before and I am quite excited to. the advantage of a gel liner is that you have greater control over the lines and it isn't as runny as liquid liner but it is smoother than kohl pencil. This particular gel liner is good because Rimmel is a well trusted brand that offers good quality products at a reasonable price, also the applicator is the lid which I think is a really good idea. Therefore this product makes it on to my wishlist

Number five - Maybelline dream nude airfoam foundation £6-8

This product makes it onto my wishlist because it's original. I haven't seen a foundation like this. This foundation is advertised as weightless, I think this is second most important factor of a foundation (First being that it looks natural) because if I'm wearing a foundation that feels thick and cakey I don't feel confident. Due to the fine pigments in the formula it gives a perfect natural look and also has SPF 16 included in the formula.
Number six - Maybelline the falsies volum' express flared mascara £6-8

All of the reviews I have read about this mascara say amazing things about it, I have heard it isn't flakey, it maintains full looking lashes throughout the day and it makes even the dullest of lashes seem bright and curled. The packaging is very cute with the pair of little angel wings on the lid and I love the colour of the bottle.

Number seven - Chanel Le Vernis Nail polish in shade Distraction £17.50

This shade especially for Spring/Summer 2012 is gorgeous! Chanel nail polishes are renowned for their high quality finish and gorgeous limited edition colours and this shade looks as though it will definitely live up to expectations. The shade 'distraction' is very in this season and would look great matching one colour from a bright floral top or clashing with a pastel toned ensemble.

Number eight - MAC Haute and Naughty lash £18

This MAC mascara looks absolutely gorgeous. First of all the packaging is so cute, both of my favourite colours (pink and purple) and included on the bottle, I love the glittery purple section! Second of all the mascara is good value as you are getting almost two in one, you can choose whether you want natural or dramatic lashes and then use the appropriate wand. The idea of this product is genius! I have heard and read many reviews about this product and people only have good things to say about it, that's why this mascara has made it on my wishlist.
Number nine - NARS Pro Prime Multi-Protect primer £24

I have never tried or even held a NARS product, not because I dislike them or anything like that it's simply the fact they are not within my budget or reach. However this primer has some amazing reviews and was recently rated 5 stars and the best primer in the Beauty tester section of 2nd April 2012 NOW magazine, the tester stated 'my make up looked as fresh in the evening as it did in the morning' I have never used a primer and this to me does sound like a worthwhile investment, the aim of a primer is to allow your make up to not only stay on all day but to be applied to the skin easily without clogging pores and the reviews on this primer tell me it does just that.

Number ten - Sephora Moonshadow baked palette - In the nude $50

This palette is a luxurious piece of heaven. The colours in this are extravagant, the quality is divine and the uses of this palette are endless. I am totally and endlessly in love with this palette and I saved it until last on my wishlist because it is my absolute favourite. With the colours in this palette you could create a natural look enhancing the colours and angles of your eyes or you could create a bold look using some of the tones. If I could only use one palette for the rest of my life I would most definitely choose this one. The reason I do not already own this gorgeous palette is that the brand 'Sephora' is not accessible in the United Kingdom :( So until I finally go to America I am palette-less :( However to end on a positive note one day I shall own this marvellous palette and when I do I will review it to it's true glory!

I hope you have enjoyed my beauty wishlist of March 2012! Hopefully this will become a monthly post if it gets positive feedback.
Love Dixie
:) xoxo


No comments: