About Me

My photo
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Wednesday: Woman-crush

Wednesday posts will consist of me picking a 'woman-crush' and analysing her look. Each week I will pick one of my icons and look at what she wears, research her beauty secrets and show you how you can recreate her style with a few essentials. I will also consider taking requests for this post so email me with any ideas of a 'woman-crush' at perfect-that-pout@hotmail.co.uk 

Woman-crush: Kim Kardashian

To kick start this new style of post I had to choose my biggest inspiration, no debate it's Miss Kim Kardashian! I have been extremely inspired by her for a number of years and not just the way she dresses. I adore her fabulous style, her flawless make-up, her sleek hair and her glamorous accessories. Not only am I inspired by her but her whole family offer inspiration for my style and I'm constantly incorporating their looks into my own; I'm all for taking inspiration but it's important to be yourself too!

The first step in taking inspiration from an icon is by looking at what they wear, here is a collage of outfits and beauty styles by Kim that have particularly inspire me...



The next step is to realize what it is that I love about these things so here's a closer analysis of an outfit and a make up look that I adore...

I love this outfit for so many different reasons, its included so many aspects of fashion that I love and is one image that I have based my style around. To start off with I love the colour palette - black & gold, very simplistic, very chic. I like that she has paired a very simple black vest with a fitted blazer as it is very minimalist but also effortlessly gorgeous. I like the silhouette of the blazer as it is shapely and flattering. I adore her leather trouser (I bought a very similar pair from H&M) they're very modern and extremely fierce. I like her shoes as they are edgier than a pair of black pumps, they also add personality to her outfit, She has accessorized this look well with an oversized, black tote bag which can hold all of her essentials and completes the look. I like her large black sunglasses as they offer mystery to the ensemble. Finally I love that she threw on a simple gold chain, it is a point of interest as it is a pop of colour and is also quite an elegant touch as it brightens the outfit. This is an outfit that could be worn out shopping, to college or for a lunch date with a friend. It screams sophistication, edginess and style. It's a simple outfit to create that ensures a large impact.


Kim tries out a wonder of new trends (and rocks each and every one of them) but my absolute favourite is her usual smokey eye and nude lip look. This is Kim Kardashian trade mark and its flawless. First of all her skin is perfect, she has a flawless base to begin with and her skins appears to glow. Her blusher and bronzer play an important part in her look as they give her bone structure definition and show of those gorgeous cheek bones. Her eyes are perfectly lined here and the abundance of lashes give a flirty, feminine look. Her large brown eyes are complemented wondrously by her perfectly matched eye shadow, She keeps her eyebrows simple and light, this is often something people get wrong as they make them too dark but Kim knows to keep them simple and allow them to frame her face beautifully. She keeps her lips nude in order to draw attention to the eyes and cheeks which has a very sophisticated feel to it. Finally she uses highlighter to accentuate key features such as her nose and cheekbones.

Next it's time for some research, it's important to look up things advice given by your icon as it's likely they've shared interesting secrets and tips about fashion and beauty. Here are my favourite tips that Miss Kardashian has shared...

1. Take off your Make Up
This is an important tip as taking your make up off each night allows your skin to breathe. By leaving it on you will block your pores and this can cause unwanted spots. Kim likes to use Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes in Night Calming













2. Create Contours
Kim's cheekbones are a focal point of her face due to how gorgeous they are. Her bone structure appears flawless, you can achieve this by using Kim's clever contouring trick. Start with foundation and then apply your powder. Next apply concealer all over you cheeks, make a tree shape on your nose allow down your nose to be the trunk and where your nose meets your forehead the leaves, add a little concealer to your chin. Then using an egg shaped brush blend it all in. Now use a matte bronzer -Kim says important to use one without sparkle - and contour in a 3 shape either side of your face. Start on your cheek bones, work down to your chin and then up to your forehead. Kim's favourite bronzer is is Smashbox Bright Lights in Suntan Matte










3. Max Out Your Lashes
Kim believes that it is important to maximise your eyelashes and claims that her long lashes run in the family. She swears by Lancome Doll Lashes and MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara to create her full lash look. She says it's all about using different mascaras and taking your time when applying each mascara.



















4. Keep Your Nails Filed
Kim carries a nail file with her everywhere she goes as she says it's important that her nails are kept in a perfectly rounded square shape at all times. When having them manicured she often files them herself to get them just the way she likes them! Even claiming that she is 'OCD' about her nails!

5. Keep Skin Smooth
Finally Kim believes that keeping your skin smooth is a must. She heads to a Korean Spa in downtown LA in order to exfoliate and remove spray tan from her body which keeps her skin looking fresh and radiant.

Here are 3 purse-friendly beauty products essential for trying out Kim's look...

1. Lash extending Mascara

Max Factor Mascara Wild Mega Lash Black
Max Factor Mascara Wild Mega Lash Black £6.99 Superdrug

2. Matte Bronzer

Collection 2000 Bronze Glow Face & Body Bronzer Sunkissed
Collection 2000 Bronze Glow Face & Body Bronzer Sunkissed £3.99 Superdrug

3. Highlighter

Accessorize Shimmer Block Highlighter
Accessorize Shimmer Block Highlighter £6.95 Superdrug 

Finally here are my top 3 things you need to recreate her style in your everyday wardrobe..

1. Fitted blazer

$55 Dorothy Perkins



















2. Heels
















£20 New look 

3. Oversized bag

















£30 Pull & Bear 

I hope this post has inspired you and has given you insight into Kim Kardashian's style and how easy it is to incorporate it into your everyday look!
Love Dixie
:) xox

No comments: